Take a trip through history, through the Tuscan hills and the cities that are the symbol of Tuscan art all over the world. Lunch and wine tasting included.
Allow your senses to be captivated by the eternal appeal of the Tuscan towns where the beauty of the monuments, sculpture and painting is linked to the lifestyle that is still on a human scale and where every stone exudes centuries of history.
Driving through the typical hilly Tuscan countryside we reach Siena, a splendid medieval city, universally known for its artistic treasure, identified by the UNESCO as a world heritage site, where we will visit the famous shell-shaped Piazza del Campo.
The Municipal Palace (1298), with its elegant Mangia Bell-tower (1325), rises above the square where the famous Palio takes place every summer.
You may use your free time to visit the splendid Cathedral, one of the most fabulous artistic achievements of the 13th to15th centuries, and admire the splendid buildings and ancient churches along the narrow lively streets.
From Siena, one takes a scenic route to admire the vineyards and olive groves in the heart of the Chianti territory on our way to the 13th century fortified hamlet of Monteriggioni, a small jewel, completely surrounded by its original fortifications.
Take a walk within the restricted perimeter of the surrounding walls with its 11 towers and discover a beautiful corner of Tuscany, that has stayed unchanged since the Middle Ages.
A short distance away, in a pleasant country estate, surrounded by aromatic plants, you will be served a lunch of typical Chianti products and offered a guided wine tastingsession of a selection of fine Chianti and Vernaccia wines, provided with passion and expertise by the friendly owner of the farm.
After lunch we leave the farm and a short distance away we find San Gimignano, another beautiful town and UNESCO world heritage site, famous for its perfectly preserved Medieval layout and streets, as well as for its stately towers which have given it the name of Manhattan of the Middle Ages.
The town is also known for its hills covered with fragrant, white Vernaccia vineyards and saffron plantations.
A stroll around the town centre reveals absolute jewels, like Piazza della Cisterna, the exquisite 14th century frescoes beyond the double doors of the Collegiata, the Palazzo del Podestà and its museum and the Church of Sant’Agostino, with its Benozzo Gozzoli frescoes.
We drive off again, this time towards one of the most famous towns in the world- Pisa - with its dazzling Piazza dei Miracoli, another UNESCO world heritage site, where peerless marble masterpieces rise above the green Cathedral sward: the famous Leaning Tower, the magnificent Baptistery, the stunning Cathedral, and the Monumental Cemetery, supreme expressions of the Romanesque architecture of the 12th and 13th centuries, containing miraculously beautiful works of immense artistic value.
- Take a trip through the most renowned Tuscan towns. Driving past vineyards and olive groves in the heart of the Chianti area, you will admire the picturesque Medieval cities such as Siena, Monteriggioni, San Gimignano and one of the most famous towns in the world – Pisa.
- A stop in a pleasant country estate where you will be served a lunch of typical Chianti products and offered a guided wine tasting session of a selection of fine Chianti and Vernaccia wines.
- After this trip you will be aware of the variety of incomparable artistic treasures offered by our country. All the places seen will be preserved in your mind as a permanent enrichment nobody can rob you of.
- What’s included: pick-up and drop-off at your hotel*, transport in luxury minivan, a qualified English speaking driver-guide**, lunch and guided wine-tasting of Chianti and Vernaccia vintages and typical products.
*For those staying in hotels in the downtown.
**The driver-guide leads the tour providing general introductory information. He is not allowed to lead a guided visit inside a city centre, nor to provide historical and artistic information inside museums or churches.
- Available: All year round – Monday, Wednesday, Saturday
- Starting at: 08:30 am
- Duration: 11 hours
- Persons: Departure guaranteed with 4 participants only and with a maximum of 8 passengers.