Under the guidance of your fun and friendly host, you will immerse yourself in Italian life and discover the gastronomic delights of Rome…
There is an archaic saying, most likely as ancient as Rome , ‘When in Rome , do as the Romans do’. Thus is the basis of which we have orchestrated our cooking lesson. Our ‘Walking Tour’ intertwines the discovery of the magical Italian cuisine juxtaposed with the sightseeing beauty that in this world only Rome has to offer. You will see Rome through the eyes of a local and find fresh ingredients in local neighborhoods of Rome .
Cooking classes run for around 4 hours and you’ll stay a while after cooking to sit down together to enjoy the meal you’ve learned to cook, accompanied by local wines from the region finishing about 3pm in the afternoon.
Set upon the exclusive Tiberina Island, right in the centre of Rome, is enthusiastic cook’s private apartment where you’ll learn Italian cooking techniques and the skills to cook delicious Italian dishes with a focus on making fresh pasta dishes.
Under the guidance of your fun and friendly Italian chef who are passionate about Italian cooking, you will immerse yourself in Italian life to discover the gastronomic delights of Rome.
The aim of the course is to give you the techniques needed to cook different pasta dishes as well as one meat dish (vegetarians can be catered for) that will give you the skills to make and cook delicious fresh pasta to impress your friends back home.
Before the pasta making class you will take you on a walking tour of Rome’s food shops ending up at the famous Rome outdoor food market the Campo de’ Fiori.
Discover the gastronomic delights of Rome on this unique food walking tour and pasta making course that promises a culinary experience.
- Immerse yourself in Italian life while discovering the gastronomic delights of Rome.
- Visit famous Rome outdoor food market the Campo de’ Fiori
- Discover the “Foodie” delights of Rome through this unique food walking tour
- Learn tips and traditional Italian culinary methods from a professional chef
- Prepare your own Italian lunch in the heart of Rome
- Learn how to make homemade pasta
- Taste your culinary work
- Enjoy your Roman style lunch
- What’s included:
- Meet at the meeting point in central Rome around 9.30am to start your walking tour of the local food and wine shops and the Campo de’ Fiori market before heading to the private apartment for your pasta making cooking class
- Cooking classes run for around 4 hours and you’ll stay a while after cooking to sit down together to enjoy the meal you’ve learned to cook, accompanied by local wines from the region finishing about 3pm in the afternoon
- Not Included: Transportation, room and board or any other excursions.
- Available: Every day except Holy days (on request)
- Starting: 9.30 a.m.
- Duration: 4 hours approx
- Persons: Min 2 Max 10