Alberobello is a small town and comune in the province of Bari, in Puglia, Italy. It has about 11,000 inhabitants and is famous for its unique trulli constructions. The Trulli of Alberobello are part of the UNESCO World Heritage sites list since 1996.
Join us for a full-day Gelato and Apulian Sweets making workshop in Alberobello! Discover the recipe of the world most loved dessert! Our Ice Cream, Almonds and Apulian Cakes Class is suitable for all levels.
Alberobello is a fairytale village. No where else in the world will you find such a unique town of charming, narrow streets where the inhabitants live in “trulli,” small conical-roofed houses initially built without the use of mortar and with only dry stones piled one on top of the other and crowned with limestone roofs, which artfully supply pinnacles of magical significance.
You will meet our guide at the selected place and he will lead you for a walking tour of Alberobello, including the visit of a trullo from the inside if possible. Your will walk through the narrow alleys of the Aia Piccola borough and will see the key attractions of Alberobello, including a visit inside a trullo house.
Arrival at a well-known pastry & ice cream shop for the cooking class.
The pastry & ice cream shop team will tell you why gelato remains Italy’s favorite dessert while giving an insight to the ‘gelato culture’ that continues to grow. You will get to know the basic raw ingredients, how to select the best products available according to specific principles and you will have a presentation and tasting of some of the flavors used in gelato making. It is always a great day to discover the recipe of the world most loved dessert!
Final tasting of the products
This activity is strongly recommended for families that wish to have children learn about the Italian culture, an easy and fun experience that will last forever in their memory.
NOTE: This tour will start and finish in Alberobello
- bilingual guide during the whole tour
- meals, tastings and other activities as mentioned
- transportation if needed
- tips and anything not mentioned at the point “the rates include”
As an alternative route on the same price you can choose from the seguent tours:
- meeting with our guide at the selected place
- demonstration of cheese-making and mozzarella tasting at a local dairy
- walking tour of Alberobello, including the visit of a trullo from the inside if possible
- tour in the Alberobello countryside
- arrival at a “masseria” (local farmhouse) where we will meet the farmers
- harvest of fruits and vegetables
- short cooking class to prepare the typical Apulian lunch
- lunch with the family
- the tour includes rural routes and stops for taking pictures
- return to the initial point