Italy does a mean cured meat, bread, and cheese combo. Find out for yourself on this Florence tour filled with the good stuff, namely: vino, porchetta , ricotta, mozzarella, and other items of cheesy goodness.
Prepare your tastebuds for an epic foodie adventures in Florence! This Florence food tour dives into the markets of the city, which as we all know can only mean one thing – local food and culture galore!
You’ll kick off this Florence tour by paying a visit to one of Florence’s most vibrant marketplaces and getting to know it the way locals do. See locals show for their daily meals and witness how every stand at the grower’s market displays a selection of mouthwatering products.
We’ll make stops at local farmers’ stands and check out fresh buffalo mozzarella, ricotta, and other cheeses. We’ll taste cured Tuscan prosciutto sliced by hand, fresh bread, and roasted porchetta, as well as sample olives direct from the farmer’s home on the Amalfi Coast. This Florence market is packed with so many delicious goodies that you could spend all day wandering around sampling them! Plus, with a local to guide you, you’ll learn all about the traditions behind these foods.
In the indoor part of the market we’ll feast our eyes on handmade pasta, cheese, fish, meat, and poultry. Tempt yourself as we wander between stand upon stand of incredibly delicious, fresh, local fare.
We’ll end this Florence market tour on yet another high note, with a glass of wine (or Italian soda) accompanied by delicious toasted bread and seasonal toppings made by Marco, the owner of our final stop.
Many come to Italy to savour the cuisine, here’s your chance to savour it the way locals do!
- Explore Florence’s most vibrant market
- Sample many local foods like fresh olives from the Amalfi Coast and produce whipped up by local vendors
- Savour the best of Italy’s cuisine the way locals do
- Discover the local secrets behind one of the best food scenes in the world
- What’s included: All tastings, expert guide.
- Not included: Items of a personal nature and tips and gratuities for the guide.
- Child policy: This is a child-friendly tour. Children between the ages of 6 and 11 inclusively are permitted on this tour. Children younger than 6 are permitted at no extra cost, but please make sure you inform our guides of this before you take the tour.
- Available: Everyday
- Starting at: 10.00 AM
- Duration: 2 hours
- Persons: Maximum 12 pax.