Alberobello is a small town and comune in the province of Bari, in Puglia, Italy. It has about 11,000 inhabitants and is famous for its unique trulli constructions. The Trulli of Alberobello are part of the UNESCO World Heritage sites list since 1996.
Join us for a full-day oil and wine tour in Alberobello. We will be happy to introduce you to apulian farm life, showing you the care and passion that farmers put in their daily work to achieve the best results with authentic wine and extra virgin olive oil.
Alberobello is a fairytale village. No where else in the world will you find such a unique town of charming, narrow streets where the inhabitants live in “trulli,” small conical-roofed houses initially built without the use of mortar and with only dry stones piled one on top of the other and crowned with limestone roofs, which artfully supply pinnacles of magical significance.
You will meet our guide at the selected place and he will lead you for a walking tour of Alberobello, including the visit of a trullo from the inside if possible. Your will walk through the narrow alleys of the Aia Piccola borough and will see the key attractions of Alberobello, including a visit inside a trullo house.
We will be happy to introduce you to apulian farm life, showing you the care and passion that farmers put in their daily work to achieve the best results with authentic wine and extra virgin olive oil.
Extra-virgin olive oil is not only a staple on the Apulian culinary table, it’s also a source of pride and joy to Apulians, and to most Italians throughout the country!
During your guided tour you will learn how olive oil is extracted from olives, traditional vs. modern techniques of extraction, the importance of factors such as harvest period, weather, and heat during processing etc.
You will taste a selection of wines and snacks and you will visit a winery, and/or a dairy and/or an oil factory.
Enjoy the excellent food and warm hospitality of a local Alberobello restaurant.
NOTE: This tour will start and finish in Alberobello
- bilingual guide during the whole tour
- meals, tastings and other activities as mentioned
- transportation if needed
- tips and anything not mentioned at the point “the rates include”
AS AN ALTERNATIVE ROUTE ON THE SAME PRICE YOU CAN CHOOSE FROM THE SEGUENT TOURS:
- meeting with our guide at the selected place
- demonstration of cheese-making and mozzarella tasting at a local dairy
- walking tour of Alberobello, including the visit of a trullo from the inside if possible
- tour in the Alberobello countryside
- arrival at a “masseria” (local farmhouse) where we will meet the farmers
- harvest of fruits and vegetables
- short cooking class to prepare the typical Apulian lunch
- lunch with the family
- the tour includes rural routes and stops for taking pictures
- return to the initial point