The young Michelangelo carved the David from a huge block of rough marble in three years, creating an imposing sculpture of absolute beauty, an icon of the renaissance model.
Total immersion in the art of Michelangelo, as your guide introduces you to his most renowned work, the David, and other important works, such as his Prisoners, the St. Matthew and the Palestrina Pietà.
Young Michelangelo sculpted the David out of a huge block of rough marble in three years, creating an imposing statue of absolute beauty, an iconic Renaissance figure: a magnificent nude young man at the height of his physical vigour.
The stern face with its intense expression emanating strength and courage, reveals the artist’s absolute faith in God, and makes the David a perfect symbol of the Florentine Republic’s invincible love of freedom at the time of the town’s most glorious independence and prosperity.
(Once the guided tour is over, one can stay on in the museum to explore a little further on ones own).
- Admire the David by Michelangelo and be dazzled by the absolute beauty and perfection of this sculpted nude, together with the intense expression of the face, recalling the fierce independence of the Florentine Republic, which the sculptor wanted to express when commissioned this symbol of the town’s success in 1494.
- The pre-booked, skip the line ticket allows priority entry over the general admission long line – No hassle : our assistant will welcome you outside the museum with the reserved tickets.
- Once the guided tour is over, one can stay on in the museum to explore a little further on ones own.
- What’s included: Professional guide, museum entrance fees with bookings, earphones are provided for groups of over 15 participants inside the museums.
- Available: All year round – from Tuesday to Sunday.
- Starting at: 11:30 pm
- Duration: 1 hour
- Persons: 25/30 persons max