The young Michelangelo carved the David from a huge block of rough marble in three years, creating an imposing sculpture of absolute beauty, an icon of the renaissance model.
The Accademia Gallery is a very famous museum because it houses the best-known statue in the world, the imposing David by Michelangelo. The stern face with its intense expression emanating strength and courage, reveals the artist’s absolute faith in God, and makes the David a perfect symbol of the Florentine Republic’s invincible love of freedom at the time of the town’s most glorious independence and prosperity.The Gallery also hosts other masterpieces by this important artist.
This is the reason why a guided tour to this museum can help the vistor to understand Michelangelo’s genius, especially his work as a sculptor. In the Accademia Gallery you can also admire the Prisoners, 4 unfinished sculptures by Michelangelo destined to adorn Pope Julius II tomb in Rome, the Pietà Palestrina and the Saint Matthew.
The tour itinerary can be personalized according to any visitors’ special request.
The standard schedule usually includes a detailed explanation on Michelangelo’s life, his history and his work in Florence and in Rome, his artistic evolution, his genius so well-represented at the Accademia Gallery by his numerous sculptural works.(Once the guided tour is over, one can stay on in the museum to explore a little further on ones own).
- Admire the David by Michelangelo and be dazzled by the absolute beauty and perfection of this sculpted nude, together with the intense expression of the face, recalling the fierce independence of the Florentine Republic, which the sculptor wanted to express when commissioned this symbol of the town’s success in 1494.
- The pre-booked, skip the line ticket allows priority entry over the general admission long line – No hassle : our assistant will welcome you outside the museum with the reserved tickets.
- Once the guided tour is over, one can stay on in the museum to explore a little further on ones own.
- What’s included: Professional private guide, museum entrance fees with bookings
- Available: All year round – from Tuesday to Sunday.
- Starting at: on request
- Duration: 3 hours
- Persons: 1-10 persons max
- Price per tour: on request