You can’t leave Florence without visiting two of the most famous art galleries in the world.
Total immersion in the art of Michelangelo, as your guide introduces you to his most renowned work, the David, and other important works, such as his Prisoners, the St. Matthew and the Palestrina Pietà.
Young Michelangelo sculpted the David out of a huge block of rough marble in three years, creating an imposing statue of absolute beauty, an iconic Renaissance figure: a magnificent nude young man at the height of his physical vigour.
The stern face with its intense expression emanating strength and courage, reveals the artist’s absolute faith in God, and makes the David a perfect symbol of the Florentine Republic’s invincible love of freedom at the time of the town’s most glorious independence and prosperity.
The wonderful prospective of the open gallery of Palazzo degli Uffizi opens onto the square, and in this famous museum where you can admire countless works of art . You can’t leave Florence without visiting one of the most famous art galleries in the world. Here you can admire numerous works of art by Botticelli, Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, Raffaello, Giotto, Cimabue, Masaccio and many others. Among the precious exhibition halls of the Gallery, the most renowned one contains the refined works byBotticelli, amongst which the absolute masterpieces: “Primavera” and “Birth of Venus”. The latter painting, the icon of the museum, represents the allegory of the birth of the goddess emerging from the sea foam and symbolizes the ideal of beauty as an expression of purity and spiritual quality, typical of the Renaissance Neoplatonic aesthetics.
- Professional guided visit of two major museums of Florence, full of art treasures of incomparable beauty
- The art and creativity of the greatest artists will be highlighted by the informative commentary of your expert guide
- No hassle- Skip the line
- What’s included: Local guide for max 2 hours and a half, entrance fees with reservation for Accademia and Uffizi Gallery, earphones are provided for groups of over 15 participants inside the museums.
- Available: All year round. From Tuesday to Sunday
- Starting at: 11:30 pm (The guided tour of the Accademia Gallery starts in the morning at 11:30,the guided tour of the Uffizi Gallery starts in the afternoon at 4:30 pm).
- Duration: 2 hours 30 min
- Persons: 25/30 persons max